End of year 2014 - Girls Meditation
So this afternoon was the last Monday class of this year and we celebrated in glitter!
It was a fun ending to this term. A few tears in our circle time and reflection about what had been learnt.
I asked them to tell me what meditation meant to them:
- a time to forget about whats going on
- letting it all go
- time to refresh your mind
- calming yourself down
- relaxing my mind and focusing on my body
- forgetting everything around you and letting go
I also asked them what was one thing they learnt that they could take out into their everyday:
- I have learnt to go to my garden in my head and let go of my frustration
- I have a special place inside to relax whenever I want
- I have a guardian angel that tells me I'm ok
- I can smell my 'balance' oil to be calm
- I can use my worry jar or the worry tree and let my worries go
What a pleasure it has been to share the skills of mediation to 7-10 year old girls - may it stand them in good stead now and forever.